S Standard Mental Health First Aid
Mental Health problems effects one in five people at any given time and poor mental health is now the number one reason for staff absence.
Mental health training from CATES, offers a cost-effective way to promote mental well-being in your organisation and at home.
The 12-hour Mental Health First Aid course teaches adults (18 years and over) how to provide initial support to adults who are developing a mental illness or experiencing a mental health crisis.
What the Course Covers
Course participants learn:
- about the signs and symptoms of the common and incapacitating mental health problems
- how to provide initial help
- where and how to get professional help
- what sort of help has been shown by research to be effective
- how to provide first aid in a crisis situation
Developing mental health problems covered:
- Anxiety problems
- Substance use problems
Mental health crisis situations covered:
- Suicidal thoughts and behaviours
- Non-suicidal self-injury (deliberate self-harm)
- Panic attacks
- Traumatic events
- Severe effects of drug or alcohol use
- Severe psychotic states
- Aggressive behaviours
Training is conducted by Master MHFA trainer – Kate Erne at the Next Generation Club or can be delivered at your organisation’s venue.
Course Duration Alternatives
This is a 12-hour course, can be delivered as either:
- A 2-day training package (6 hours per day) (2 consecutive or 2 separate days)
- As 4 separate training modules (3 hours each)
** CATES Training provides a Group discount for booking of 5 people or more.
Please contact CATES Training to discuss your needs at: Info@CATEStraining.com.au