Setting Professional Boundaries within a Care Role
This workshop is a 2 to 3 hour workshop designed for staff who may work closely with someone in a supportive role during their working day within a care facility setting, such as, Aged Care, Youth Services, Community Services, Health Services and Schools.
The course discusses and provides sound strategies in building professional working relationships with clients and staff through the understanding of best work practices, and organisational policies.
The course objectives and outcomes are;
- An understanding of the importance of setting and keeping healthy professional boundaries.
- How adhering to professional boundaries helps the client.
- Knowing how having a “safe” connection with a client helps the person providing the service.
- How to identify warning signs of over stepping boundaries – before things go wrong.
- Awareness and knowledge of the supports in place to help you adhere to professional boundaries.
- Recognising the consequences of stepping over professional boundaries for you, the client and the organisation.
- Understanding of your own values as a volunteer/worker of a service provider and how to recognise when these values are not being met.
- A recognition of how the blurring of professional boundaries affects the professional relationship and has a detrimental effect on the client and the person providing the service.
... CONTACT CATES TRAINING TODAY TO DISCUSS YOUR NEEDS ...Contact CATES Training