This workshop is between 3 and 5 hours and is adaptable to suit your organisations requirements and key learning outcomes. Workshops are designed primarily for mainstream support services who work closely with someone or with people living with a disability. Likewise, these courses are suitable for employees from all kinds of organisations and industries to gain an awareness and insight of understanding what disability is.
This course discusses the diverse nature of disability and how different disabilities can impact on a person’s communication, access, and participation in the community. This course also, provides sound strategies to raise the disability competence of staff and of the organisation and thus maximising opportunities for people with physical, psychological, intellectual, sensory and learning disabilities.
Information regarding the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and Person Centred Practice can be entwined within these workshops or delivered as a stand alone workshop. Participants are provided with an overview of the individualised funding and service delivery of the National Disability Insurance Scheme, of which, there is considerable focus on using the appropriate and current language used within the application process to attain maximum level of support.
The course objectives and outcomes are;
- To gain an improved understanding of what disability is.
- To have a better awareness of the types of disabilities and the impacts that some employees may have with an organisation/service.
- To identify ingrained myths and misconceptions surrounding disability and people with disability.
- To recognise how these misunderstandings, translate into everyday language and what respectful communication involves.
- To enable participants to familiarise themselves with possible circumstances they may come across with people with disability specific to their workplace.
- To build capacity of participants to engage and deal respectfully with people with disability in such situations.
- To have a better understanding of the concepts of inclusion and responsibility to provide a safe working environment for everyone.
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) component an overview of the NDIS application process.
... CONTACT CATES TRAINING TODAY TO DISCUSS YOUR NEEDS ...Contact CATES Training